Thursday, May 6, 2010

another perspective

My parents were here this week and just left this morning.  It was great to see them and I really appreciate that they make the effort at their age, 82, and health to travel all the way here to visit with us.  I know it's a difficult trip for them.  Say goodbye today was a little difficult.  It made me realize that the impact of my disease affects others and not just me.  It must be really hard for my family, friends and loved ones to see me in this condition and feel like they cannot help me.  I just want everybody to know that I am extremely grateful just to be alive and to be able to do all that I can with my limited capacity.  Every breath, every word, every touch, every sound, vibration, scratch an itch, all of it brings joy to my life.  And you are the ones that make it happen.  Without all of you there'd be no need for me to keep breathing.  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. hawaiians think of it like this:

    hanu (inhale)
    ha (exhale)

    so now you have a new mantra, "hanu...ha..."

    darice

    ReplyDelete