Thursday, April 29, 2010

advice for Myself

Today things are very busy and people in my life are anxious and nervous.  When other people around me become anxious and nervous, I then become anxious and nervous.  I think before ALS I had more control of the situation around me and then when people became unbalanced for whatever reason, I could control the situation by physical action, verbal communication or just leaving the area.  I can't do that very well anymore.  So, the feelings and energy of people around me tend to affect me more. I become frustrated because of my lack of control.  Those of you who know me probably understand that I like to have control of the situation.

No one ever said life would be easy.  The Buddha says that challenges and suffering are a part of our life journey.  The key is to stay in the present. Stop, be quiet for a moment and listen.  Then go forward with positive energy, calm and focused.  This is the way to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment