Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it's the small things

It's the small things that are sometimes frustrating for me.  I'm very lucky that I can still eat and drink and enjoy food.  A great pleasure for me on most days.  I'm very thankful that my family, my Tuesday and Saturday visitors and my caregivers are willing to bring me food and feed me these days.  The frustrating thing is when I look at a delicious plate of food in front of me and I see a fantastic looking piece of chicken, fork full of noodles or soft piece of bread, and my saliva juices start flowing and they are not satisfied quickly enough.  In the past when it was that could feed myself I would quickly wolf down anything that looked good and satisfy the cravings of my taste buds and the rumblings of my tummy on my own terms.  Quickly and fully. These Days I need to wait till the person who is assisting me is ready to bring the food to my mouth.  This is okay and I'm usually quite patient with this aspect of the feeding experience.  What frustrates me is when I see a particular piece of food that I really want and the person assisting me unknowingly avoids it and gives me a different food. The Experience has been totally unsatisfactory.  I'm stuck with some piece of food in my mouth that my anticipatory tastebuds and hard-working saliva were not looking forward to.  And worse, my eyes still see the delicious food that I was craving on the plate.

Oh, this is really silly and I must have more important things to complain about.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment