Monday, June 7, 2010

Father's Day

Father's day is coming soon.  I was watching NBC dateline last night and they were interviewing Chris rock, Adam Shandler and a few other comedians that are in the new movie "Grown-Ups".  The interviewer asked what it's like to be a father, or a good father.  Chris rock answered that he believes 80% of being a good father is just be there.  I tend to agree with him.  I think that one of the most important things a father can do is just spend time with his children.  Whether it's quality time, or quantity...  Just be with your children.  It doesn't have to be time playing a piano, teaching or correcting.  Just be there.  I also believe there is no manual for parenting.  It just happens and you have to do your best.  I hope that my son, Christopher, realizes that I love him and that I've tried to be the best father that I can be.  If I follow Chris rock's 80% rule, I think I've done pretty good so far.

1 comment:

  1. i may not have met chris yet, but by your posts i can tell you...you've done a great job in being there for chris!

    ReplyDelete