Thursday, June 10, 2010

a family photo

I thought I would try to post a photograph.  This is a recent photograph when my parents were here to visit in the spring.  They stayed in an apartment in Waikiki for one week.  It was a lovely visit with them.  They are so supportive and loving.  I'm very lucky to have a strong family bond. Perhaps it is because we have a very small family, basically just my mother, father and myself.  I was the only child as many of you know.  Yes, I was spoiled. I do have a half-sister from my mother's first marriage living in Atlanta.  We are close now, but didn't like each other too much when we were growing up. Funny thing is my father and my mother were both single child families as well.  And now, Mineko and I just have one.  Perhaps it's part of the genetic makeup.  Enjoy the photo I hope it comes across correctly.

2 comments:

  1. hI rICK! I have often wondered about only children, being one of 6 myself. My BFF from elementary is one. Tom is our only biological child but has the benefit of having an adopted sister (who technically is his first cousin) and 2 half-sibs. They all adore him and each other, so I think there is more family there than he can handle.

    I guess you don't know what you miss if you never had them them. But I love being part of a huge family and keep on extending them by having "hanai" children. Like a military family we just hanai'ed after buying furniture from them:) and Tom's BFF from Iolani who housesat for us once. I can't get enough people around me, I guess.

    That's why I miss my grandkids sooooo much. They have been relocated to WA, thanks to the army. Sigh.

    such thoughts you provoke with your thoughts...

    happy aloha friday my friend. I know your visit with Tracy on Tuesday will go well.

    I love you, Mineko and Chris! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know a couple more people who have only-child-syndrome (lol). i, myself can't speak to that aspect cause i come from a family of 8. it was always busy, i was never alone, but i was definitely surrounded by "good people."

    ReplyDelete