Sunday, October 5, 2014

Scarlett's Fire first review...


I have often said that "I write selfishly and that publishing stories is a therapeutic pastime for me" – This Is still true, but when YOU make the effort to buy the book, read it, and then take the time to write a review on Amazon.com, everything changes for me. Suddenly, my work is no longer selfish. I realize that we have shared something together.

It is such a thrill for me to think that the story I have written, the words I have carefully place on the page have been a part of your life. I begin to understand that I have a responsibility to you, the reader. It's really quite daunting and wonderful at the same time. My only hope is that the story, the characters, the plot and the world that I have created is a worthy of your time. That you have found some escape, some joy, some pleasure from the experience.

Your review allows me the chance to get much needed feedback – your comments are cherished. They complete the loop, the connection between us ... It's hard to express how meaningful this connection is to me, especially with my limited ability to physically engage with the world... All that I can really do is just say that I am very grateful! Thank you.

The first review of Scarlett's Fire appeared on Amazon today!

I finished reading this book just as headlines reported expansion of Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument, covering 490,000 square miles. Rare and undetected species will emerge, according to the report. To me, this means that R.K. Raker writes with creativity as well as cutting-edge research. The characters, their challenges, their reflections on their history and future - all result in an enjoyable reading experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment