Friday, January 3, 2014

At work letting my imagination run freely...


Looking back and down on myself, I was both terrified and amazed. The digital-atomizer had worked!

I was still alive in the hospital bed below me, in my apartment where I had spent most of the last five years, looking up towards the camera. I had blinked, and suddenly there was a new perspective. There was no consciousness in that body below me, but there was flesh and blood, muscles and bones, organs and skin—everything pulsing along as I had left it. A base primal awareness was all that was left, just enough to stave off death, to keep the body functioning.

The consciousness, my sense of being, was now floating above it all. This was not a near-death experience. There had been no accident. There had been no trauma. There was only a gradual realization that knowledge and technology had advanced far enough to make this separation between the physical and the mental a possibility. Humankinds' march towards enlightenment had taken an unexpected turn, it no longer it took years of meditation and a monk-like existence to elevate the mind beyond the body. The click of a camera was all that was necessary. Then, presto, here I am separated from the physical world but connected to the entire universe.
The question is, what do I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment