Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dolphins Dance – Second Edition coming March 2014

I'm in the process of revising the Second Edition of Dolphins Dance, and I have decided to share with you the first draft of the cover – once again, the photograph is courtesy of Bradley Wong and the Photoshop work/design is by Daisuke Maehira. What do you think?
A little background... Dolphins Dance was my very first book published, with the vanity press organization called Publish America. I signed a seven-year contract with them, very foolishly. They set their prices much too high, asking readers to pay $25 for a paperback copy and $10 for the e-book – quite ridiculous. I didn't realize it at first, but they make their money NOT by selling books to readers, but by selling their bogus services to new authors like myself. A definite scam to be avoided... I argued with them for a couple of years, and finally they offered to sell the rights to my book back to me for $100. So now, I can revise it and publish through Amazon, set my own price, and have complete control over my first book. I'm very excited About it – I hope to be ready with it By early March 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment