Saturday, September 13, 2014

Taking stock of my writing...


Just ordered the final proof for Scarlett's Fire... I thought that would be a good time to look at everything that I have written over the last four years. Wow! I really have been productive. Most of you know that I write because it is therapeutic, and something that gives me purpose— something to do every day. I also write because it's fun and the writing allows me to escape my frozen reality. I haven't thought too much about selling my books, but lately I've begun worrying about the family's financial situation. ALS is expensive! My goal now is to market and sell my books. I would like to make enough to pay for my medical expenses, caregivers and possibly something to leave for my love ones— lofty goals, no doubt.

I have started to contact literary agents. The rejection letters are coming in... But I've decided to stay positive and keep on trying! Wish me luck. I am always grateful for your support and encouragement. If you have ideas or suggestions, please contact me: rraker@hawaii.rr.com

Books and stories by R.K. Raker

Scarlett's Fire, a Sci-Fi Fantasy self-published with Amazon September 2014 (word count 35,000)

Dolphins Dance, second edition, a Fantasy self-published with Amazon May 2014 (word count 44,000)

The Scent of Ginger, a Crime Thriller self-published with Amazon January 2014 (word count 57,000)

 

The Gunslinger Series: an Epic Alternative World Adventure

The Gunslinger's Vision, Vol. 3 self-published with Amazon November 2013 (word count 23,000)

The Gunslinger's Fall, Vol. 2 self-published with Amazon September 2013 (word count 19,000)

The Gunslinger's Confession, Vol. 1 self-published with Amazon June 2013 (word count 17,700)

 

Narragansett, a Historical Fiction novel self-published with Amazon June 2013 (word count 116,000)

Not too late for Paradise, a Coming-of-Age novel self-published with Amazon April 2013 (word count 101,000)

The Bird-man of Nuuanu Valley, a Fantasy self-published with Amazon October 2012 (word count 34,000)

The Brookside Rooster, a short story self-published with Amazon August 2012 (word count 12,000)

The Hamster and the Gecko–A Survivors' Story, a Modern Fantasy self-published with Amazon April 2012 (word count 30,000)

Sealand 1001, a Sci-Fi Fantasy self-published with Amazon November 2011 (word count 51,000)

A Remarkable Life, lived by an Ordinary Person, a memoir self-published with Amazon May 2011 (word count 51,000)

No comments:

Post a Comment