Friday, March 7, 2014

The Scent of Ginger – grateful for feedback!

I thought I would share some excellent feedback on The Scent of Ginger from someone I had met in the Gotham Writers Workshop online course that I took last fall. Then, I went to Amazon.com to check my author page, RK Raker author page , and I saw that there are now three reviews! This is wonderful. Getting feedback, getting feedback is great, but getting positive feedback is just thrilling. To those of you who have taken the time to read my books/stories thank you so much! For those of you who have taken the time to read and then to review my work – I'm forever grateful.

Below is what my acquaintance from Gotham wrote:

Overall, I am very impressed at your writing skills. All those details about technology, weapons, the history of Hawaii, the resentment of the natives, etc. shows you know so much. Even though I, the reader, do not need all those technical details to follow your story, however it gives me pleasure to read them. They add to the fabric of your story, making it feel real. As I had said in my comments during our Gotham class, the fact that you have used your experiences with ALS and created a character who is high-tech and kicks ass is both fun and inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment