Thursday, September 5, 2013

Update on my writing progress...


Some quick updates on my writing progress:

       I have terminated my contract with PublishAmerica. They are a vanity publisher that help me to put out my first book Dolphins Dance. I was quite naïve at the time and did Not realize that self-publishing was quite easy and a preferred way to go. PublishAmerica always charged way too much for my books, $25 for a print version, and $10 or more for e-book. I argued with them for a long time about this, and finally they offered me the chance to buy back the rights of my book – which I did this weekend! Hallelujah. Look for the Second Edition of Dolphins Dance to come out sometime early next year.

       I have it enrolled all of my books on Amazon in the new "Matchbook" program they have started to offer this week. What this means is that if you buy a print of one of my books, you get a chance to buy the Kindle version at 50% discount.

       I have also lowered all of the prices of my print and Kindle version books. I'm more interested in having people read my stories, than I am in making royalties.

       Part Two of the Gunslinger Series, The Gunslinger's Fall, is almost finished and should be published by the end of November. I've gotten some good feedback on Part One.

       The Gotham Writers Workshop online course that I have been taking is proving to be useful and fun. Giving me lots of good ideas and advice on how to improve my writing. I hope you will notice the difference.

*Please help me and write a review if you have read any of my books! Thanks everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment