Monday, December 3, 2012

IMAX

I was able to go out to the movie theater for the first time in five years this weekend ! I had a wonderful, amazing experience, and a great time . Thanks to my wife, son , and his girlfriend. The movie was pretty good too! I took the wheelchair accessible taxicab , rather than the state run handicap Van .. This was a little more expensive , but much more comfortable and reliable. We went to the IMAX theater at Regal Theaters at Dole Cannery. Has anybody been to an IMAX movie lately? It was $17.50 just to get in the door – talk about sticker shock. I remember when IMAX down and Waikiki was expensive at eight dollars per ticket. I guess that's why the theater was practically empty! The air-conditioning was great, I needed two blankets to stay warm. The 52 foot screen was overwhelming, luckily I can still turn my head from side to side so I could catch all the action. The audio was outrageous! Every time there wwas an explosion my wheelchair would vibrate. I was afraid my ventilator was going to vibrate off the back of my wheelchair ... But I was so happy to be out of the apartment and enjoying some of the real world. Definitely, next time will be going to just a regular movie – no more IMAX for me ! , Leave that to the younger kids.

1 comment:

  1. don't feel "alone". i too avoid 3D movies at all costs! not only r they expensive, they give me a headache after a few minutes having to use those glasses. my family just went to see The Hobbit but i opted to stay home (yes, bonafide couch potato). i guess i'll just read the book...

    ReplyDelete