Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great News, Good News and a scare

The great news is that my book "Dolphin's Dance" is now available on Amazon.com and for the Kindle.  Search using the title or author name (R.K. Raker).  Unfortunately the price is too high for my liking, but the publisher sets the price not Me.  If you go to Amazon.com and find the book please visit the author information page.  And if you have read the book please, please, write a customer review!

The good news is that my parents were here to visit for one week.  We had a wonderful visit and I was so proud of them still traveling and doing their best at 83 years old.  They are from Phoenix so the wet and humid weather was a bit uncomfortable for them.  But on the whole we had a nice visit and it was good to have the whole family together.

A scare occurred a week ago on Monday during thunderstorm that we had here on Oahu.  Suddenly we had a very strong electrical search and all the power went out.  My backup emergency battery for some reason did not kick in and I was left unable to breathe for a couple of minutes--which seemed like years for me.  Luckily my good friend Michael was here and stayed calm and in a few minutes the electricity came back on.  We were both pretty scared.  We now have new caregiver procedures which we hope will prevent any future electrical malfunctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment