Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Family Friends

Some friends from Japan came by to see us last week.  When I lived in Japan one of my best friends had two children, a girl "Mami" nine years old and a boy "Daisuke" five years old.  They are now all grown up and came to visit us.  Mami now has two children, a girl and a boy, exactly the same age as when I first met them many years ago.  It was a strange coincidence, but also a wonderful time to remember and a very good visit.  The children were so animated and fun!  Daisuke and his wife are moving to Hawaii, they have received green cards through the lottery system.  I hope they will be able to settle safely and comfortably here in Hawaii.  It will be like having some of my Japanese family living close by.

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, friends are always wonderful & welcome, no matter what time of the life span they return!

    ReplyDelete