Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Big Day out

On Wednesday my great friend Bob took me out to Aloha Tower marketplace. We took the handy van from my apartment at about 3:30 PM.  It was a nice easy ride, we were the only passengers and it just a few minutes to get there.  We wandered around checking out the stores and the harbor.  We sat looking out at the harbor as one of the Matson freighters came into the harbor, made a U-turn right in front of us, and then back into the loading dock area.  Amazing that such a big ship can maneuver like that.

 We watched the Star of Honolulu load up its Japanese passengers, with hula dancers greeting them.  A couple of the dancers looked really bored.


 Then we had appetizers and beer at Hooters! I had a great day getting out from the apartment was wonderful for me.  Thanks to much to Bob, Mineko at the Handy Van for giving me the courage and opportunity  to venture out.

1 comment:

  1. HOOTERS!? now why didn't i get a beer call? glad to hear you had a great adventure out from the apartment, and all without mishap.

    ReplyDelete