Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Passage from "The Artist and the Dreamer"

 This is a passage from a book I'm trying to finish. Abby is the Artist...
" The relationship with Abbey is easier for everyone to accept. Over the last several years an amazing number of people, some good friends and some complete strangers, have stepped forward with tremendous kindness and generosity. I’m not sure what attracts such goodness and at first it was difficult to accept. I was raised to be independent and to rely on myself or immediate family. Needing assistance from others was not part of my nature. I was skeptical at first, but as the acts of kindness multiplied and my guard weakened I realized that giving and receiving have equal rewards. It seems that if I remain open and receptive, good things and good people continue to enrich my life. And by allowing others to give, I too am giving. I viewed Abbey and her paintings as part of this positive cycle."

1 comment: