Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The scent of Ginger – good reviews so far


The scent of Ginger  – Currently has six reviews on Amazon. A couple of the reviews are even from people I don't really know – thank you all for taking the time to read my story, and then write a review or send me comments, it all means a lot to me. Below are some comments a good friend sent by e-mail:

I had taken several things in with me for possible activity while staying with my mother – 98 years old this week. Mom thought she might like the book of poetry, which I was rather eager to read with her, but in the end, she chose your Scent of Ginger...
We are both quite impressed. I am not a crime mystery person, but you caught my attention on this. I think we progressed to Chapter 10 or 11. We will likely read more tomorrow. Both of us liked the good, good flavor of Hawaiian culture that you presented as well as the various things you wove together: multicultural Hawai'i, local language, crime story, some science fiction, great description, and detail. You must have done some research on things - as for example the names of places in Afghanistan. The plot [to the point that we have read] weaves along very nicely too. I like it. You should be a recognized writer. Thanks for writing for us two!
Another VERY important aspect of Scent of Ginger is the strand of justice that you have put in so very deftly. At first, I was way on the side of bringing the Mongoose to "justice," but I see you have made it not so simple since this person stands for righting the wrongs. I do not know that wrongs can be righted, but perhaps awareness can be elevated. I refer to pono "the" aina and other comments relative to/surrounding Maggie; her father's teachings are an example. I also like the use of mana.

No comments:

Post a Comment