Thursday, September 5, 2013

Update on my writing progress...


Some quick updates on my writing progress:

–       I have terminated my contract with PublishAmerica. They are a vanity publisher that help me to put out my first book Dolphins Dance. I was quite naïve at the time and did Not realize that self-publishing was quite easy and a preferred way to go. PublishAmerica always charged way too much for my books, $25 for a print version, and $10 or more for e-book. I argued with them for a long time about this, and finally they offered me the chance to buy back the rights of my book – which I did this weekend! Hallelujah. Look for the Second Edition of Dolphins Dance to come out sometime early next year.

–       I have it enrolled all of my books on Amazon in the new "Matchbook" program they have started to offer this week. What this means is that if you buy a print of one of my books, you get a chance to buy the Kindle version at 50% discount.

–       I have also lowered all of the prices of my print and Kindle version books. I'm more interested in having people read my stories, than I am in making royalties.

–       Part Two of the Gunslinger Series, The Gunslinger's Fall, is almost finished and should be published by the end of November. I've gotten some good feedback on Part One.

–       The Gotham Writers Workshop online course that I have been taking is proving to be useful and fun. Giving me lots of good ideas and advice on how to improve my writing. I hope you will notice the difference.

*Please help me and write a review if you have read any of my books! Thanks everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment